National Education Union’s #ChallengingSexismInSchools Conferences
“This was great. The audience were really involved and we had a sense that we were driving the agenda. Insightful perspective on how men view themselves and how men view women.“
“Real Strategies for giving boys/men opportunities to talk about why they behave in certain ways and how to challenge these“
“Powerful talking points around the language we use that promotes disrespect towards women“
“Tools/resources/ideas to promote discussion amongst boys/men about sexist behaviour.“
“The importance of fostering an environment where male students feel they don’t have to conform to gender expectations and can challenge sexist ideas, working alongside their peers to promote equality in schools.”
“A realisation of just how much pressure young men can feel under to conform to stereotypes.”
Centre for Children & Families, University of Worcester
“Michael spoke to an audience of 200 trainees from within the Centre for Children and Families about early gender messages and issues around language, as well as telling the audience all about his work with boys & young men. Michael is a very engaging speaker and his keynote speech was fascinating. The students evaluated the session very positively and have used the content of the presentation in their assignments. I would highly recommend Michael as a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic speaker.”
WORKPLACE AWARENESS BOOSTER
“Michael’s session was incredibly insightful, with close links to our goals and mission to create a generation of empowered young people. He really opened our eyes to a topic which we are living and experiencing first hand every day with the young people we facilitate. I would highly recommend anyone taking this session as it has inspired and sparked many important conversations for us as a team. Thanks for helping us understand the ’man-box’!”
Feedback on training courses for Primary and Secondary Trainee Teachers
- A wonderful course led by an inspiring and knowledgeable man.
- Brilliant course presentation by an engaging and friendly presenter. Great delivery of strategies and resources to help us help others. Thank you.
- Fabulous training with an enthusiastic and empathetic instructor. I am really grateful to have had the opportunity to attend.
- Going into the course I was scared of my own mental health and how I would cope learning about the feelings and symptoms in young children. I was happy with how Michael approached each subject and he was caring toward how I was feeling.
- Lots of discussion points which were useful! Suicide training extremely important. Covered many mental health issues.
- Really engaging course which opened my eyes to a new world of mental health for me.
- The course was extremely useful and dealt well with the complexities of youth mental health. The instructor, the takeaway materials and the presentation was excellent. Many thanks 🙂
- This was a brilliant course which I will recommend to everyone. I thought it would be quite a depressing two days but in fact I left feeling uplifted. Thank you for delivering such an informative, inspiring and thought-provoking course
- A very enjoyable, great course.
- Michael was a fantastic instructor who promoted engaging discussions in an open environment. I now feel much more confident in supporting those with a mental health issue, and I believe that this course is a great way to help end the stigma surrounding mental health, raise awareness and encourage us to support others. Thank you, Michael!
- The instructor was a perfect candidate to deliver this course. It was extremely engaging and the tasks created lots of discussion. Simply brilliant!
- The instructor was very well informed in the subject of mental health and welcomed detailed discussions throughout the course.