Men At Work C.I.C. is a Community Interest Company set up to deliver transformative training in the areas of challenging sexism, supporting healthy personal development and fostering violence-free relationships and communities.
Founder of Men At Work, Trainer, Maker of #10Dialogues for Boys & Young Men (and Those Working with Them)
Michael Conroy spent 16 years in Secondary Education in England, delivering a wide range of citizenship and well-being programmes for students in Years 7-13 before committing full-time to Men At Work. During that time, he developed school and community-based programmes and initiatives recognised by awards including a Sinnott Fellowship and a Suzy Lamplugh Young Person’s Safety Award. Since 2019, Michael has increasingly focused on developing meaningful and relevant training and resources for professionals with an interest in unpicking social influences on the values and beliefs of boys and young men – and how some of those influences can manifest in a range of problematic behaviours.
Michael has presented on this work at:
In addition, Michael:
- National Education Union’s ‘Challenging Sexism in Schools’ conferences
- National Men in Early Years Conference
- Young Trades Union Conference (YTUC)
- Parliamentary events (Westminster): the Women & Equalities Select Committee in Parliament on the topic of Sexual Harassment and an APPG on Sex and Safeguarding in Schools.
- Parliamentary event (Holyrood): Festival of Politics 2022: Prostitution – the buyers and sellers
- International Festival of Public Health, University of Manchester: ‘Gender Stereotyping Is a Public Health Issue’
- was co-sponsor in Oct 2021 of the first global conference on the conflict between porn and effective Sex Education in schools
- worked as a consultant in the planning of the Commonwealth Heads of Government’s Meeting in Kigali, Rwanda 2022, on ‘Engaging Men and Boys In Ending Violence Against Women and Girls’
- co-facilitates the 20 week Becoming Respectful programme for men working towards abuse-free relationships