WHAT DO WE WANT?
We want to help end #sexism, #maleviolence and the harms that flow from rigid gender rules/roles. We want to promote good #mentalhealth, respectful relationships and an outlook of practical empathy
WHY DO WE WANT IT?
We want a just, respectful and safe world, one in which our sex neither limits our freedoms, opportunities or sense of self-worth nor does it grant us unearned advantages or entitlements.
HOW CAN WE ACHIEVE IT?
Slogans, promises and empty gestures are no solution. To effect real cultural change we need to work imaginatively, with a sense of purpose and conviction, getting to the ROOTS of sexist views and behaviours. This means looking ‘upstream’ at the values and beliefs that boys and young men are exposed to by society and enabling them to find healthy, safe, respectful – and ultimately more freeing – pathways into adulthood.
WHAT DOES MEN AT WORK DO?
Men At Work C.I.C. offers those working with Boys & Young Men a practical, road-tested framework for meaningful action:
- A FREE resource: #10Dialogues for Boys & Young Men (and Those Working With Them) – to kickstart meaningful and constructive dialogues aimed at tackling sexism and promoting safe and respectful choices
- Bespoke training & support for those working with Boys & Young Men in how to optimise, confidently, the opportunities for meaningful interactions provided by the #10Dialogues
- Post-training ongoing mentoring and access to an ever-expanding bank of additional resources
- Peer-support and networking opportunities online
We work with you to enhance your skills in supporting boys and young men to navigate their unique ways towards safe, healthy and fulfilling adult lives.
“Michael’s session was incredibly insightful, with close links to our goals and mission to create a generation of empowered young people.” The Anti-Bullying Pro’
Our practice is informed by
- Many years of school-based and youth-setting-based work
- Training and supervision by experts in Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control
- Extensive Child Safeguarding Training
- Extensive Youth Mental Health Training
- Specialist Suicide Prevention Training
- Proactive engagement in a wide range of events, campaigns and networks (national and global) which deepen our sector knowledge and hone our efficacy.
Partners, trainees and audiences to date have included professionals in Schools, Colleges, Unis, Youth Justice Service, Early Help, CSE / CSA teams, Fire & Rescue Service, Local Authorities & Trade Unions. See Feedback